Comment on page
Deploy on IBM Cloud
Deploying Rocket.Chat on IBM Cloud
While IBM Cloud offers several choices for hosting Rocket.Chat, including Docker container on a Kubernetes cluster, VMWare, and Bare Metal Server. The following instructions will concentrate on creating a Cloud Foundry app for Rocket.Chat.
- An IBM Cloud account
- The IBM Cloud command line client (ibmcloud) installed
- Give the Rocket.Chat server a unique app name, select as Starting point.
- Click Create a new app. Select Node.js as Platform.
- Then click Create.
- In the App Details tab, click Create Service. From the list of services, select Databases > Databases for MongoDB.
- Configure MongoDB to enable oplog tailing and initiate a replicaset.
Open your terminal and run the following commands:
- Git clone the latest Rocket.Chat:
git clone https://github.com/RocketChat/Rocket.Chat.git
- Log in to the IBM Cloud command-line interface:
ibmcloud cf login
- Push Rocket.Chat to the app you created early in the dashboard using meteor-buildpack-horse:
cf push <your app name> -m 512M -b https://github.com/RocketChat/meteor-buildpack-horse.git
- Go to
https://<your app name>.mybluemix.net/in your browser to access your instance of Rocket.Chat
Last modified 4mo ago