Omnichannel Integration between Rocket.Chat and Facebook.
Omnichannel Integration between Rocket.Chat and Facebook Messenger. The Facebook Messenger app lets you handle messages from your Facebook contacts directly in Rocket.Chat. Your customers contact you via Messenger, and you answer chats from your Rocket.Chat workspace. Some key features of this integration include sending messages with quick reply buttons, welcome messages(starting/closing chat), file sharing, and the correlation between your Facebook pages and your Rocket.Chat departments.
To install the Facebook App,
- Go to Administration > Apps > Marketplace.
- Search for the Facebook App.
- Click Install and accept the needed permissions. You receive a message from
#omnichannel-facebook-setupchannel with setup instructions.
To configure the Facebook App,
- On the Facebook App Info screen, navigate to Settings.
- Update the Settings:
- Agents Display Name: You can display the agent's name or username.
- File Upload Enabled: You can enable/disable file sharing and set a limit for maximum upload size.
- Accepted Media Type: Select the type of files that can be shared between the Agents and your Twitter Contacts.
- Click Save changes.
Before sending any messages, you must authorize Omni-Gateway to send and receive Facebook messages on behalf of your account.
Ensure that each of the following requirements is met before starting the authentication process:
You are automatically subscribed to the Facebook page after successful authentication. However, you can choose to unsubscribe.
- From the list of connected Facebook Accounts, click the UNSUBSCRIBE button against the account you want to unsubscribe.
To update the page configurations,
- Click the Edit Page Config button under the account and update the following settings:
- Welcome Message: First message your customer will receive when they message you.
- Conversation Finished Message: A message sent to your customer when a conversation is closed.
- Default message for offline service: Message sent to your visitor when no agents are available online.
Only the agents of this particular department can see and take the chats.
The Facebook app has a list of shortcuts to ease usage.
/facebook authorize:: Starts the Facebook authorization.
/facebook unauthorize: Revoke facebook authorization.
/facebook edit pageId: Edit Page configuration for the given pageId.
/facebook help: Shows help message.
When a Facebook user sends a message, and no agent is available on the server to chat, the conversation won't be created. This means that when agents return to work, they will not know someone was reaching out. Therefore, please ensure you always have at least one agent online.
To delete the Facebook app from your workspace,
- Go to Administration > Apps > Installed.
- Click the kebab menu against the Facebook app.
- Select Uninstall.
- Click Yes to confirm the uninstallation.