Push (Notifications Admin Guide)
Enable and configure push notifications for workspace members using mobile devices
To check user preferences for push notifications:
- 1.Go to Administration > Workspace > Settings > Account and scroll down to Default User Preference
- 2.Set Mobile Notifications Default Alert to Mentions. It will send notifications in case of a mention of the user's name or only the threads the user has intentionally subscribed to.
To enable push notifications:
- Go to Administration > Workspace > Settings > Push
- Enable push notifications
- Enable your Gateway (Option not available on a cloud server)
- Enable Production
- You are all set to send a test push to your user now.
In Privacy, you can configure what amount of information you want your push notification to have.
Make sure you have agreed to terms and conditions.
- Go to Administration > Workspace > Settings > Setup Wizard
- Go to 'Cloud Info'
- Turn the Cloud Service Privacy Terms Agreement toggle on
- Hit Save changes
When you purchase any package of push notifications as a self-managed customer, you need to connect your workspace to our cloud.
- Go to connectivity services; check if you are connected. Cloud workspace should be connected by default.
- Once done, go to Push and send a test message to your user.
To check the count of notifications used per month:
- Go to Workspaces and select the workspace you want to check count for.
- Push notifications block will show the number of used notifications per your current limit per month.
Users can configure what notifications they want to receive on mobile for each channel.
To enable push notifications for channels:
- Open room actions
- Notification preferences
- Select what type of notifications you want to receive.