Learn how to handle omnichannel conversations.
When you log in to your workspace as an agent and set your status to Available, to handle new conversations:
- Click on a conversation to reply to omnichannel contact.
In an Omnichannel conversation, quick actions can be performed from the top of the chat screen. They are shown as icons on the top right.
If an omnichannel conversation needs to be handled by another agent within your department,
- Click Move to the queue.
The conversation starts to appear in the Queued Chats for other agents to see.
To forward a conversation:
- Click on theicon.
- Enter the department or the Agent to whom the conversation should be forwarded.
- Leave a comment if necessary and click Forward.
- A notification appears briefly at the top to indicate if the operation succeeded or failed.
Following an Omnichannel conversation, forwarding the transcript to the contact you were serving as an agent may be necessary.
- Click Send via email
- Enter their Email
- Enter the Subject
- Hit Request.
- Clickicon to close the conversation first
- Enter comments if any
- Select Export chat transcript as PDF
- You receive a new direct message from Rocket.Cat with the conversation attached in PDF form.
Exporting as PDF becomes available only after you Close the omnichannel conversation. It is not possible to export an incomplete conversation.
To export the transcript of a previously closed conversation,
- Click Export as PDF
- The transcript appears within the conversation as a message from Rocket.Cat.
You need Request PDF Transcript permission assigned to your role. To assign permission, navigate to the home screen Kebab menu > Workspace > Permissions, assign Request PDF Transcript to your role, or contact your workspace administrator.
To enable Export Conversation Transcript automatically for every chat,
- Click your avatar and select My account.
- Navigate to Omnichannel and enable the transcript option you want to automate.
- Export chat transcript as PDF: Always export the transcript as PDF at the end of conversations.
- Send chat transcript via email: Always send the transcript to contacts at the end of the conversations.
- Click Save Changes.
During supporting conversation as an agent, you can find yourself in a situation where Omnichannel contacts terminate the conversation abruptly. Still, the conversation will persist in your queue until it is Closed. This can potentially impact your service capacity as you may be unable to engage in new conversations due to the maximum number of simultaneous conversations allowed per agent. To address this concern, you can pause the conversation temporarily by using the Place Chat On-Hold feature.
To place a conversation on hold,
- Click Place Chat On-Hold
If the Omnichannel contact engages again, the routing algorithm will try to find you first to assign this conversation. If you are busy serving other conversations at maximum capacity, the conversation will be assigned to the next available agent.
You can also click the conversation in the queue anytime and click Resume to engage with the same contact again.
You can manually place the conversation on hold only when you send the last message to the contact.
To end a conversation:
- Enter comments if any
- Select Export chat transcript as PDF in case you need it exported.
- Select Send chat transcript via email if you want it sent to the guest's email.
- Click Confirm, and the conversation disappears from the Chats in Progress queue.
- The PDF conversation transcript is sent to you as a direct message if you request that the chat be exported.
Communication with omnichannel contacts on Rocket.Chat can also be done using audio/video calls. Your workspace must have at least one call app installed to make these calls.
To enable Rocket.Chat video call feature, please get in touch with your administrator or follow the instructions.
To make a call,
- Clickicon from quick actions on the right side
- Click Join Call button in the conversation.
- Enter your name in the new browser window and hit Join meeting
- Click theicon from quick actions on the right side to reveal the details of your current conversation.
- The details revealed include the date and time, average response time, queue time, the contact name, and your username.
- Click Edit to add some further information. E.g., the topic discussed or priority
- Hit Save.
Canned responses allow you to call pre-saved message snippets with shortcuts (preceded with
!) to communicate a quick note to your omnichannel contact in omnichannel as well as regular conversations inside your Rocket.Chat's workspace.
To send a canned response,
- Start your message with
!and a shortcut, or you can select the canned response from the drop-down list that will appear above your text field
- You can also use the same canned responses when talking to your peers outside Omnichannel
To access all available canned responses for your department or all public canned responses on your workspace,
- Hover your cursor over the canned response you want to use in your current conversation
- Hit Use.
You can create a canned response during an omnichannel conversation if you have appropriate permissions.
To create a canned response in a conversation,
- Scroll down and click Create
- Enter Shortcut. E.g.,
- Enter Message. E.g.,
Welcome to Rocket.Chat LiveChat support! How can I help you?
- Update Tags if required
- Hit Save. Your new canned response is saved and ready to be used.
To get the contact details of the currently selected omnichannel conversation's contact,
While viewing contact information, click Edit to edit the contact details or click Chat History to see the chat history.
To search for messages in a conversation,
- 2.Enter your search query.
- 3.The search result is displayed as you type. You can also use Regular Expressions. For example, to search for the word
errorfollowed by any three digits, use
To search for files that have been attached to the conversation,
- All files that have been attached are displayed.
- Enter the search query.
- Optionally, choose the file type you are interested in. By default, all the file types are displayed.
To get the chat history of the contact:
- The contact is displayed alongside the last closing message which you sent.
- Below the contact details, click theicon, and the messages in the history are displayed.
- Enter a search query in the search box. The results are displayed as you type.