Using Omnichannel units, you can group a set of departments for management purposes. As an Omnichannel manager, you can make a unit of multiple departments and assign a monitor to oversee them.
To access Units settings,
- Go to Administration > Omnichannel > Units.
On the Units page, you see a list of all the existing units and a button to initiate the creation of a new unit. Clicking on an existing unit opens up a page where you can edit it.
To create a new unit,
- Click on +New
- Update the required information and click Save.
- Name: The name of the new unit.
- Visibility: Set its visibility. Private/Public. A private unit will be available only for you.
- Departments: Add the desired departments to your unit.
- Monitors: Lets you assign monitors to the unit.
To delete a unit, click the Delete icon by the right of the unit from the Units screen.