This app can also work in a fully air-gapped environment. If you are an Enterprise customer running an air-gapped workspace, follow the Air-gapped App installation guide and continue with the configuration instructions below.
Jitsi is a collection of open Source projects which provide state-of-the-art video conferencing capabilities that are secure, easy to use, and easy to self-host. The Jitsi Meet project (Jitsi Video Bridge) is a tried and true bandwidth-efficient WebRTC-compatible SFU (server-based) solution from our gracious FOSS partner, Jitsi. Rocket.Chat users can now enjoy reliable and robust group video, audio, and screen-sharing experiences through Jitsi.
A Jitsi server is required for this integration.
To Download the Jitsi app on your workspace,
- Go to Administration > Apps > Marketplace.
- Search for the Jitsi Video Conference Provider app.
- Click Install
To set up the Jitsi app on your workspace,
- Confirm that the app is enabled.
- Go to the settings tab and update the following fields:
- Domain: Your Jitsi domain
- Title prefix: Text added before the title when identifying a video conference
- Title suffix: Your room suffix
- Use SSL: Your Jitsi SSL
- Chrome Extension Id: Your Jitsi chrome extension Id
- Use Authentication Token: When enabled, Rocket.Chat will generate a JWT token using the settings below.
- Application ID (iss): The app id to use when generating authentication tokens.
- Application Secret: The app secret to use when generating authentication tokens.
- Limit token to Jitsi Room: If enabled, generated tokens will grant access only to the intended Jitsi room.
- Token Auditor: The auditor's name to use when generating authentication tokens.
- Token Expiration: The expiring time of the authentication tokens.
- Click Save Changes
To configure the Jitsi video conference on your workspace,
- Go to Administration > Settings > Conference Call
- Select Jitsi as your Default Provider
- Select the options that meet your needs and click Save changes.