Omnichannel Integration between Rocket.Chat and email.
As an administrator, you can configure and manage Omnichannel email inboxes or email accounts for the email channels.
To set up a new email inbox:
- Navigate to Administration > Workspace > Email Inboxes
- Click + New Email Inbox:
Enter the following details:
- 1.Add the Name of the email inbox
- 2.Specify the Email address
- 3.Assign it to a Department; it is optional
- 4.Configure SMTP server
- 5.Toggle switch Connect with SSL/TLS; it is optional
: For outlook accounts, disable the SSL option under SMTP.
- 6.Configure IMAP server and
- 7.Toggle switch Connect with SSL/TLS for IMAP**;** it is optional
- 8.Hit Save
Your email inbox is set up, and your agents can receive emails within Rocket.Chat now.
If you have two-factor authentication enabled on your email account, using your regular email password to connect will result in an error.
For this, you need to generate an app password that is to be used instead of the normal password.
Follow these guides to generate your app passwords.