The Google Drive app is currently in Beta, and some features may not function as expected.
The Rocket.Chat Google Drive App brings a seamless Google Drive experience into your Rocket.Chat workspace. It gives users the ability to:
- Open and view your Google Drive files and their details.
- Share files and manage sharing permissions.
- Create new files directly from Rocket.Chat.
Before setting up the Google Drive App, here are some essential things to note.
- Your workspace must be on a publicly available domain.
To install the Google Drive Rocket.Chat App,
- Go to Administration > Apps > Marketplace.
- Search for the Google Drive app and select it.
- Click Install and Agree to accept the required permissions.
- On the Google Drive App Info screen, navigate to Details > APIs and copy the
- After installing, you receive a direct message from the
google-drive.botwith instructions on how to get started. Click Setup to view the instructions.
You can find the callback URL for your workspace from the instructions.
- From the sidebar, Navigate to API & Services > OAuth consent screen and fill in the required fields to Create a consent screen.
- Navigate to Credentials, Click New Credentials, then select OAuth client ID.
- Select Web application as the application type, then fill in the required details. Add the
redirect_urigiven by the
google-drive.bot. Click Create.
- Copy the
client id. You need them to configure the app.
To enable Google DriveAPI on your project,
- From the sidebar, Navigate to Library.
- Search for Google Drive API, select and Enable it.
- On the Google Drive App Info screen, navigate to Settings.
- Paste the
client idfrom the Google Cloud console. Click Save changes.
- Go to a room on your workspace, and type the slash command
/google-drive helpto return a list of commands you can use with the Google Drive app.
- /google-drive help: shows the help list.
- /google-drive connect: starts the process to link your Google Account.
- /google-drive disconnect: remove your linked Google Account.
- /google-drive create: creates a new Google File and saves it on your Google Drive.
- /google-drive files: opens the contextual bar with your Google Drive files list.
- After installation, users can access the Google Drive app using the slash command. They can click the Kebab menu in the room header and select Google Drive.
Your Rocket.Chat workspace must be running from at least version
5.1.0for users to access the Google Drive app from the room header. For workspaces below this version, only admins have access.
After the workspace administrator has installed and configured the Google Drive App, users can connect their Google accounts and access the files in their Drive. Users can request for the Google Drive app at Administration > Apps > Marketplace.
To see if the Google Drive App is installed on your workspace, type the slash command
/google-driveand watch out for any related information.
To connect your Google account,
- Type the slash command
- You receive a message from the
google-drive.bot.Click Authorize to authorize your account.
- Select the Google account you want to authorize, and click Allow for all the account permissions.
- After a successful connection, the
google-drive.botmessage notifies you of a completed authentication.
You may be required to re-authenticate periodically whenever the authentication token expires.