Whatsapp Business App FAQs
No, there is no differentiation on WhatsApp for CE x EE. All charges incurred for CE will be applied the same way (App fee, number fee, and variable costs). CE users will only be able to do so through our self-service method.\
We have a few customers using the old versions. The payment of $59 will be the same for these customers until the end of the contract. After that, the current policy applies, and for 1 number the new price will be $78. This price already includes taxes.
There will be three types of costs.
- App fee ($39/mo)
- 360dialog's monthly fee ($39/mobile number/mo) + Facebook costs per template message used (variable depending on volume). Rocket.Chat does not charge any markup on variable costs. This price already includes taxes.
Understanding 360dialog's fixed monthly fee
Our pricing is based on the monthly license fee per hosted number. Incoming & outgoing WhatsApp Session Messages are always free and unlimited - we never charge extra costs per session message. The license fee can vary according to the available bandwidth since we have higher tier options for customers that exchange more than ten messages per second and to partner deal size. Please contact our support team if your account needs to process more than ten messages per second. We never charge extra costs per Outgoing Template Message, the WhatsApp fees are only passed through.
Facebook Current Pricing (until January 31st, 2022)
Template messages (business-initiated) sent through your WhatsApp Business Account are charged according to a tiered pricing model. If your customer initiates messaging with you, WhatsApp will not charge you for any messages (including Templated Messages) that you send to that customer for up to 24 hours following the last message that that customer sends to you ("Customer Care Window"). Any additional message you send that customer beyond the Customer Care Window must be a Templated Message.
The prices listed below are effective until February 1, 2022. After that, conversation-based pricing rates apply.
- “Message template” has the meaning detailed in our Documentation. “Templated message” means a message sent using a message template in compliance with Facebook’s terms and policies.
- All prices are outlined in the List Price Schedule below and will apply to Templated Messages sent on or after the effective date indicated in the List Price Schedule.
- Facebook will determine the price of each delivered Templated Message based on the country code of the message recipient and the volume of Templated Messages delivered in a calendar month to a given country or region. Templated Message volume will not be aggregated across countries or regions or different Whatsapp Business API’s.
- The price charged for each delivered Templated Message will be the price effective at the time you send the Templated Message.
- Charges are applicable for each Templated Message delivered within 30 days of being sent. Charges will not be applicable for Templated Messages that were delivered more than 30 days after it was sent. We determine that a message has been delivered when WhatsApp servers process a delivery receipt for the sent message.
- If your customer initiates messaging with you, we will not charge you for any messages (including Templated Messages) that you send to that customer for up to 24 hours following the last message that that customer sends to you ("Customer Care Window"). Any additional message you send to that customer beyond the Customer Care Window must be a Templated Message, for which we will charge you as outlined in our rate card.
- Facebook will have the right to update this rate card every month, and changes will take effect the first day of the calendar month following such changes.
- The WhatsApp Business Solution may not be used to send messages to or from the following countries and regions: Crimea, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, and Syria.
Cost per Message in USD
New Facebook Pricing (starting February 1st, 2022): Conversation-based Pricing The main change going into effect on February 1st is that now instead of only paying for used template messages. Facebook will start charging for every conversation. Also, you can send as many messages as you want in a 24-hour session, even if the customer doesn't respond.
How It Works
In conversation-based Pricing, WhatsApp Business API conversations fall into two categories that are priced differently:
- User-initiated, like customer care and general support inquiries
- Business-initiated, like post-purchase notifications
All conversations are measured in 24-hour increments, or "sessions," that start whenever a business delivers the first message. The first message can be initiated by the business (business-initiated) or a business reply within 24 hours of a user message (user-initiated). A user is defined as the person or entity with whom the business is messaging.
Charges for conversations are based on the user’s phone number. Rates for business-initiated conversations and user-initiated conversations vary by market (country or region).
Free Tier Conversations
The first 1,000 conversations each month will be free, so your business can build experiences your customers will love before paying. Each WABA gets 1,000 free tier conversations. Free-tier conversations can be business-initiated or user-initiated.
Free Entry Points Conversations
Conversations will not be charged when users message businesses using call-to-action buttons on Ads that click to WhatsApp or a Facebook Page CTA. Free entry-point conversations can only be user-initiated. Only the first conversation that starts from the entry point is free of charge. Subsequent conversations with the user are charged.
Standard pricing will apply for Ads that Click on WhatsApp. The conversation that initiates from the ad is free, but not the ad itself.
Government Agencies must get approval from Facebook before creating any WhatsApp Business accounts. This process can take up to 60 days and will generate extra costs. To start the Government WABA Application process, please send the information requested in this form. Then, a team member will contact you with the next steps. Anybody involved (partner, business, or government agency) can complete the form. If needed, extra information will be requested by the team member responsible for the process.
The process starts at Rocket.Chat, after installing the App, the user is guided through all the steps. The 360D account is created, the phone number is sent, and the number will be set up and ready for production in less than 10 minutes. It is also essential for the customer to have a Facebook Business Manager account in the company's name. Check the signup documentation for details on this link.
If a customer initiates messaging with you, Facebook will not charge you for any WhatsApp messages (including Templated Messages) that you send to that customer for up to 24 hours following the last message that the customer sends to you ("Customer Care Window"). Any message you send your customers beyond the Customer Care Window must be a Template Message. WhatsApp does not charge for incoming messages from the customer side or outgoing messages from the company side as long as they are sent within the 24-hour time window. To use a message template, WhatsApp wants to approve each message template to avoid spam. Once WhatsApp has approved your template, you can use the message template to send notifications. Templates use placeholder values that can be replaced with dynamic content inside double curly braces when the message is sent. Think of template messages as a conversation starter in a two-way conversation.
Cost of WhatsApp Template Messages
Template messages are subject to a WhatsApp country-specific price list and will be charged 1:1 to the customer without surcharge.
Yes, but be aware of the details. If a customer initiates messaging with you, Facebook will not charge you for any WhatsApp messages (including Templated Messages) that you send to that customer for up to 24 hours following the last message that the customer sends to you ("Customer Care Window"). Any message you send your customers beyond the Customer Care Window must be a Template Message. WhatsApp does not charge for incoming messages from the customer side or outgoing messages from the company side as long as they are sent within the 24-hour time window. Visit the WhatsApp Template Messaging guide for more information
To register a new number,
- Copy your newly generated API key on 360Dialog.
- On your Rocket.Chat workspace, click Connect WhatsApp Number in the
- Paste your API key in API Key,
- Associate this WhatsApp number with a specific Department.
- Set a Welcome Message.
- Set a Conversation Finished Message. It is a message sent to your customer when an agent closes the conversation.
- Set a Default message for offline service. It is a message sent to your customer when no agents are available online.
- Click Connect,
Your WhatsApp number is now connected to Rocket.Chat.
Yes, but the number submitted must be a new number that was never used as an API. If the customer wants to port their number from another broker, 360D provides this service, but it only works through the standard submission form available via the setup channel. It is important to remember that once a number is used as an API, it cannot be used again.
Yes, all of them. You can choose whether to receive the code by call or SMS. So, in the case of a landline, you can choose the call. In general, those 0800 lines have an audible response unit (ARU) to distribute the service to the best sector. We also suggest disabling it when you receive the call or configuring it so that the call reaches a functional line.
One of Rocket. Chat's strength is its integration flexibility capabilities. It means a variety of chatbot solutions can now be natively integrated into Rocket. Chat's Omnichannel and offer automated service on the WhatsApp for Business channel. Bring the power of chatbot automation to Rocket.Chat and provide personalized customer experiences in the world's most popular instant messaging app.