You can view the available and installed Rocket.Chat Apps and manage them.
Rocket.Chat apps are extensions that users can add to their workspaces to customize and enhance their functionality. Apps can be integrated with third-party services.
These Apps can do the following :
- Display interactive and dynamic content on their own surface - like a modal or the room’s contextual bar.
- Create buttons in the UI for users to interact with native content.
- Create slash commands for users to trigger more generic interactions.
- Register endpoints to receive data from other applications and services.
- Work on both desktop and mobile clients.
- Send messages to users; create and manage public channels, groups, discussions, and threads.
On the Explore tab of the Apps screen,
- You can see all the apps available on Rocket.Chat and search for the one you need.
- You can also filter based on Categories, Status, and Price. Choose between multiple categories within the filter to help you find the best app for your workspace users.
- tag next to an app on the marketplace means you need to upgrade your workspace to a higher version to use the app.
On the Installed tab of the Apps screen,
- You can find the apps you have installed on your workspace.
- Enable/Disable/Uninstall any of your installed apps.
- View App details.
- View logs of the app.
- Provide additional user settings and configuration for the app. (All Rocket.Chat Apps might not require any setup configuration or user settings.)
You can develop private apps for your workspace or publish the app to the Marketplace for others to install and use on their own workspaces.
For Rocket.Chat workspace versions less than 6.0, Go to Administration > Settings > General > Apps and Enable development mode, then proceed to Administration > Apps to Upload App.
- Navigate to Administration > Marketplace > Private apps >
- Click Upload Private App.
- Choose the installation method ( URL or a compiled
- Agree to the permissions needed to complete the installation.
The app is installed on the workspace and ready to use.
Community Edition (CE), workspaces can install numerous Public apps (apps from the marketplace) but enable only five. And they can allow three Private apps. Once it reaches the limit, you can upgrade to the Enterprise Edition (EE) for access to enable all apps in the workspace. Refer to the table below for a better understanding.
For workspace version
5.4or lower, you can use all the enabled public and private apps you already have. However, you can not purchase or enable more apps once the limit is reached.
Enterprise Edition (EE), workspaces can install all Public and Private apps. But, if the workspace license expires and the workspace has exceeded the limit, the marketplace disables all downloaded apps, and the app count returns to zero.
Some apps are part of the Enterprise Edition offerings. You don't have to purchase them if you are subscribed to the Enterprise Edition of Rocket.Chat. They include the following:
If you are subscribed to Rocket.Chat's Enterprise Edition, you can install and enable any number of paid and free apps available in the marketplace on your workspace.