Access your workspace
To connect to a Rocket.Chat workspace through a web browser:
- Enter the desired workspace address in the browser's address bar, such as
- After entering a valid Rocket.Chat workspace address the registration page appears. If you have already registered, enter your credentials to log in or click Register a new account to become a member of that workspace
To connect to a Rocket.Chat workspace using the desktop app:
- Install and open the app.
- The workspace connect screen appears. Enter a valid workspace address and click Connect.
- After entering a valid Rocket.Chat workspace address the registration page appears. You can enter your credentials to log in or click Register a new account to become a member of that workspace.
When you are using a Rocket.Chat desktop application you can connect to multiple Rocket.Chat workspaces.
To add a new workspace:
To connect to a Rocket.Chat workspace using a mobile client app:
- Open the app. If this is your first time using the mobile app, the workspace connect screen appears
- Click Join a workspace
- Enter a valid workspace address
- Click Connect
- After entering a valid Rocket.Chat workspace address, registration, and login page appear.
- Enter your credentials to log in or register to become a member of that workspace.
To access any Rocket.Chat workspace or register an account manually or use one of the many supported OAuth services (if the desired workspace has enabled these services), after successfully registering, you can log in to the workspace.
You can create an account by providing your:
- Reason to join
A workspace can ask you to verify your email. You can do this by simply clicking on the link sent to the registered email.
Workspaces can be configured to use custom parameters. Therefore each Rocket.Chat workspaces might ask for different information or restrict registration based on the rules set by the workspace. You can contact your workspace administrator if you are unsure how to register your account.
If your workspace has configured OAuth services (i.e., GitHub or Google), use the account credentials for that supported service to register into the workspace.
After you have successfully registered your account, you can choose your username. Your username is your unique identifier for others to use to direct message or mention you.
Your username is separate from your display name on the workspace.
Usernames on each Rocket.Chat workspace must be unique to that workspace. However, display names can repeat on the same workspace. For example, there can be only one user with the username:
johnsmith, but there can be more than one user with the display name :