Rocket.Chat Setup Wizard
Administrator initial workspace configuration for Rocket.Chat server.
After installing your Rocket.Chat server, it is time to configure and start enjoying all the fantastic features.
If you initially had any server linked on your client app, you can add another by clicking on the plus sign icon by the left of the navigation menu.
To launch your workspace, it is required to do a simple 4-step setup.
- Admin Information: Fill in this information as it is needed to create the first user who automatically becomes an administrator of your Rocket.Chat workspace. The necessary information includes your name, chosen username, your provided organizational email, and a password selected by you. The next thing to do is click on Continue to be taken to the page for the organization's information.
- Organization Information: This involves information about your organization. The data to be filled in about your organization include the organization's name, its type, the size of the organization, the country in which your organization operates, and the industry your organization is linked to, as well as your organization's website if there is any. When all the fields have been filled, you can click on Continue to proceed to the third step, which has to do with server information.
- Server Info: The server Info form has four fields which include the site name, selecting your preferred language from a dropdown, selecting whether the server is private or public, and finally selecting the option to opt into two-factor authentication via email. Click on the Continue option to go next step.
- Register Your Server: You are asked to register your workspace to the Rocket.Chat Cloud or proceed with a standalone server.
Suppose you choose to register your workspace, Rocket.Chat collects the following information about your workspace.
- The workspace Id to help identify the workspace.
- The organization's address.
- Contact name for the workspace.
- Contact email for the workspace.
- The number of seats for the workspace.
- The account name.
- The organization type.
- What industry the organization belongs to.
- The size of the organization.
- The country of the organization.
- Language set for the workspace.
- Website of the organization.
- Site name of the workspace.
- The workspace type.
- The deployment method used for the workspace.
- The deployment platform.
- The version of Rocket.Chat deployed.
- Click on Register to access to continue and check if you want to receive security updates or not.
- Open up your email inbox and click verify registration. Make sure the security codes match.
- Confirm the registration and go back to your server.
- Click Continue as standalone.
- Click Confirm.
Your workspace is now ready for use.