Manual App Installation
These apps can help in improving collaboration, boosting productivity, and have you do more with your workspace.
As a fully air-gapped user, you will have to manually install the apps you need to use on your workspace.
In this section, we will see how to get and install an app in an air-gapped workspace.
You have the option to:
The apps can be requested via your registered support contact in the support team.
See the guide on building Rocket.Chat apps.
After getting your packaged and ready-to-use app in a
.zipformat, follow the instructions below to have it installed manually on your workspace.
- Go to the Rocket.Chat Administration -> Workspace -> Settings -> General -> Apps
- Toggle ON Enable the App Framework and Enable development mode
- Then Save changes
Enable app development mode
- After enabling, navigate to Administration -> Workspace -> Apps
- Click on Upload App
- You are taken to a page to either install from a URL or a file
- Choose the Install from file method then select the
.zipfile of the app and Install
App installation page
- Agree to the permissions needed to complete the installation