Authorise Omni-Gateway to send and receive Facebook messages on behalf your account.
Before initiating the authentication process, please ensure all the dependencies stated below are met:
1. A Facebook Account. Click here to create one if you don't have it already.
2. A Facebook page. This is the page from where your customers can message you. Click here to create one if you don't have it already.
3. Make sure your Rocket.Chat instance is on a public address and is accessible by anyone on the internet. Goto `Admin -> General -> Site Url` to confirm this.
4. Lastly, Make sure your Rocket.Chat instance is connected to Rocket.Chat Cloud. Goto `Admin -> Connectivity Services` to connect to Cloud.
The next step after the configuration and resolving the dependencies is authentication with Facebook.
Please click on the button shown below to start the authentication process with Facebook.
2. As soon as you click Start Authentication the authentication process is started. Please authorize Rocket.Chat's Facebook app to complete this process.
3. You are redirected to the following page where you can use your email to authorize Facebook.
/facebook edit pageId Edit Page configuration for the given pageId
/facebook help Shows help message
Please note that when a Facebook Messenger user sends a message and there's no agent available on the server to chat, the conversation won't be created. This means that when agents get back to work they will not get to know that someone was reaching out. So please make sure you have at least one agent online at all times.